The Associate Director of Global Development will lead in the development and execution of OneSight’s Income Development Strategy. This individual will identify new opportunities to grow OneSight’s revenue through our established global fundraising channels: corporate development, special events, major gifts, grants and foundations.
A successful Associate Director will manage and steward a portfolio of corporate and individual relationships and work as a team player to drive growth that achieves our mission and revenue goals. This position is accountable for significant revenue targets and will influence the strategic implementation of global initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in fundraising and/or sales and relationship management.
Principle job responsibilities
- Develop and manage a healthy donor pipeline and cultivation plan to accomplish revenue goals.
- Design and maintain an effective donor stewardship program.
- Research and identify global corporate, foundation and grant funding opportunities.
- Ensure the timely completion of all corporate, foundation and grant proposals, applications and required reporting.
- Activate corporate strategy to focus on employee giving, corporate sponsorship, employee engagement and customer giving opportunities.
- Own the planning and execution of annual golf outing.
- Develop written proposals, gift agreements and other appropriate correspondence necessary to close and document new gifts and commitments.
- Activate the proper acknowledgement of all corporate and foundation supporters through deliverables as agreed upon in proposals.
- Utilize donor database effectively and efficiently to track interactions and communicate to supporters.
- Serves as a key member of the development team, influencing and driving strategy, relationships and best practices to accomplish global financial goals.
- Develop monthly revenue projections and provide financial analysis.
- Will perform other major donor activities as may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Fundraising or related field
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in a nonprofit fundraising role, with a proven track record of success.
- A strong working knowledge of strategy development and moves management systems in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship processes.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and maintaining positive relationships with diverse individuals, including executives, high-level volunteers, wealthy donors, and internal stakeholders and leadership.
- Proven strength in being able to problem-solving, strategic and creative thinking, and taking initiative with consistent and good follow-through.
- Great comfort level with direct donor interaction is a must, including discussions of personal and family finances and asking for major financial commitments.
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and donors in order to develop strong relationships between donors and OneSight.
- An independent, fast-paced self-starter with exceptional communication and written skills and a proven track-record for securing and increasing corporate and foundation support.
- Constructively challenges the process and takes the initiative to search for opportunities to grow, improve & innovate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to make compelling public presentations.
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Possess formal training in grant writing, major gifts, planned giving and other donor development activities a plus.
- Occasional travel required to meet with key stakeholders
typical physical demands / work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is seated in an office setting and is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The work conditions usually take place in a clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on at “at-will” basis.